AARP Safe Driving Course for Seniors
Location: Cost: $15 for National AARP members; $20 for non-members Register by calling Stephanie Kinnard at (304) 544-3767.
Wednesday, March 19
Thursday, March 20
Cost: $15 for National AARP members; $20 for non-members
Register by calling Stephanie Kinnard at (304) 544-3767.
The course will cover:
- Current rules of the road
- Defensive driving techniques
- How to manage and accommodate common age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time
- How to avoid potential collisions and injuries to yourself and others
- Proper use of safety belts, air bags, anti-lock brakes and new technologies
- Ways to monitor your own and others’ driving skills and capabilities
- The eff ects of medications on driving
- The importance of eliminating distractions, such as eating, smoking and cell phone use