The goal of St. Mary’s Outpatient Rehabilitation Services is to compassionately restore function and quality of life to those affected by illness or injury through the provision of patient-centered, skilled therapy services. Rehabilitation Services provides occupational therapy, physical therapy and speech and language pathology by a team of specially trained healthcare professionals. At St. Mary’s, patients in rehabilitation receive individualized, one-on-one treatment by licensed staff members with advanced training and specialty certifications.
Rehabilitation services include:
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Orthopedic and sports injuries
- Treatment of neurological disorders
- Fall prevention program/treatment of balance disorders
- The only comprehensive lymphedema treatment program in the Tri-State certified by the National Lymphedema Network. Care is provided by staff members who are certified in the treatment of lymphedema.
- Comprehensive wound care program
- Prevention and health promotion through work simplification, energy conservation, body mechanics and joint protection
- Recommendations for home safety and modifications
- Driving assessment program
Physical Therapy (PT)
The goal of physical therapy is to provide individualized evaluation, treatment and education to improve function and relieve pain after illness, injury or surgery.
Physical therapy services include:
- Treatment of orthopedic and sports injuries, including neck and back pain, sprains, strains and post-surgical rehabilitation
- Work-related injuries
- Functional capacity examinations
- Worksite analysis
- Fitting and training in the use of orthotics and prosthetics
- Treatment of gait and balance disorders
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Our treatment focuses on developing and restoring independence and function in daily living, including activities such as bathing, dressing, eating, homemaking, writing and driving.
Occupational therapy services include:
- Custom fabrication of splints
- Visual, perceptual and cognitive retraining
- Education and training in use of adaptive equipment
- Sensorimotor retraining
- Restoring functional independence in activities of daily living (ADLs)
- Treatment of upper extremity orthopedic and neurologic injuries
Speech and language pathologists seek to improve an individual’s ability to swallow and communicate effectively following an illness, disease or injury. Services offered include adult and pediatric communication and swallowing, and augmentative alternative communication assessments.
Speech/language pathology services include:
- Diagnosis and treatment of speech, language and voice disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders using video fluoroscopy, modified barium swallow studies, Fiberoptic endoscopic evaluation of swallowing, biofeedback and vital stim
- Management of communication and swallowing disorders of post-tracheostomy and post-ventilator-dependent patients
- Pre- and post-laryngectomy evaluations
- Assessment of augmentative communication needs
- Pediatric speech and language disorders
Industrial Rehabilitation Services
St. Mary’s Industrial Rehabilitation Services offers comprehensive rehabilitation options for the injured worker. Our specialists offer one-on-one care to address your injury from the time of onset to your return to work and provide physical therapy, occupational therapy, functional capacity evaluations, job demands analysis and work hardening/work conditioning specific to your condition.
Testing and treatments are available for the following:
- All musculoskeletal or neuromuscular injuries
- Back and neck pain
- Joint pain
- Pre- and post-operative care
- Return-to-work conditioning and strengthening
- Job demands analysis
- Baseline disability and job-specific functional capacity evaluations
For more information about outpatient rehabilitation services at St. Mary’s, please call (304) 526-1333.