Job Shadowing Program
The purpose of a job shadow experience is to provide potential applicants and students with a clear, candid experience of a specific job in order to ensure the career path is a good fit for the individual. By providing high school students, college students and individuals exploring a second career with an opportunity to shadow a St. Mary’s Medical Center employee, we encourage individuals to pursue health care careers and future St. Mary’s employment opportunities.
Complete these steps to participate in the shadowing program.
- Review the Job Shadowing Program Overview. We highly recommend viewing the overview as it contains important information to ensure you have the opportunity to shadow.
- Complete the online program application. You will be contacted if your application is accepted.
- Complete the Authorization/Release of Liability form.
Bring the completed form with you to your shadow experience.
- Complete the Job Shadow Confidentiality and Security Agreement.
Bring the completed form with you to your shadow experience. If you are under 18 years of age, the notarized signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
- Complete the Job Shadow Applicable Health Information form. Please note it is the applicant’s responsibility to obtain all immunizations prior to shadowing. Bring the completed form to your shadow experience. If you are under 18 years of age, a notarized signature of a parent or legal guardian is required.
If you have any questions regarding the Job Shadowing Program, please contact Organizational Development and Learning at (304) 526-1240.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Job Shadowing Applicable Health Information
- Job Shadowing Authorization/Release of Liability
Online Job Shadowing Program Application
If not affiliated with a school please contact us directly. Organizational Development & Learning (304) 526-1240