Tuition / Fees, Refund Policy, and Program Expenses
MU coursework tuition is paid directly to MU.
SOMI (courses with a MI designation) tuition is paid directly to SMMC.
Fees and expenses specific to the Department of Medical Imaging Programs are in addition to those required by Marshall University. These are subject to change without prior notification. The students are responsible for the purchase/documentation of all vaccinations, paper, notebooks, textbooks, school approved uniforms, shoes, lab coat, and all housing and transportation expenses incurred during clinical internship assignments. Students are also responsible for all fees for criminal background checks, drug-testing, certification examinations and all applicable course fees.
- $315 / credit hour; $3780 / semester
- $300 deposit due immediately upon acceptance, remainder due on the first day of school.
- Failure to pay fees by the scheduled time may result in dismissal from the program.
- Information will be provided in each student's letter of acceptance.
- Tuition is subject to change without notice.
- Textbook cost varies by semester. Refer to each course syllabi.
- Uniform cost varies as to how many uniforms the student purchases and where they are purchased. The student can usually outfit themselves with two complete uniforms (tops and bottoms), a lab jacket, and one pair of clinic shoes for approximately $200.
The $300 deposit is non-refundable. If a student withdraws or is dismissed in the first three months, the MU refund schedule is followed. No refunds are given after three months.
Students may apply for federal student loans or grants through the Marshall University Financial Aid office. Students will be required to register through Marshall University for classes. SMMC SOMI provides information on tuition or fees to Marshall University. SMMC SOMI has no influence regarding the award or denial of federal or state financial aid. SMMC- SOMI will notify MU and the Financial Aid Office if any student voluntarily withdraws or is dismissed from the program. St. Mary's Medical Center School of Medical Imaging is approved for VA funding.