CyberKnife® Stereotactic Radiosurgery
St. Mary’s CyberKnife® Center offers a revolutionary tool in the fight against cancer. Patients who have lesions or tumors previously diagnosed as inoperable or untreatable may benefit from CyberKnife®. The treatment provides non-invasive, precision radiation therapy in five or fewer treatments, compared to 40 treatments in traditional radiation therapy.
Using intelligent robotics and highly advanced tracking technology, the CyberKnife Radiosurgery System targets tumors while constantly adjusting to the patient’s breathing movements during treatment. With sub-millimeter accuracy, CyberKnife sends beams of different angles, leaving surrounding tissues unharmed. The result is a painless procedure with minimal side effects and no recovery time.
Benefits of CyberKnife treatment include:
- Relaxing, pain-free procedure
- Immediate return to normal activity
- No incisions and a greatly reduced risk of infection
- No need for anesthesia
- Unlimited range of motion to treat tumors once considered untreatable
- No damage to surrounding healthy tissues
CyberKnife can treat tumors in the following areas of the body:
- Other sites as appropriate
For more information call (304) 399-7460 or (800) 9ST-MARY, ext. 7460.