St. Mary's Medical Center has three separate Intensive Care Units (ICUs) located on the second floor of the South building. The units are equipped with the latest technology to care for critically ill patients while providing a comfortable atmosphere for families and friends.
St. Mary’s three ICUs are:
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
- Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU)
- Neuro/Trauma Intensive Care Unit (NTICU)
Features of St. Mary's Intensive Care Units:
- Private patient rooms with separate areas for patients, staff and visitors
- State-of-the-art technology to meet every critical care need
- Immediate access to the ICU from helipad via a dedicated hallway
- Elevator access to transport patients directly between surgery and ICU
- Three large waiting areas that include flat-panel televisions, scenic displays and a variety of seating, such as recliners, rockers and bariatric chairs
- Snack area with vending machines, microwave and coffee
- Restrooms, showers and lockers for visitors
The Intensive Care Units have an open visitation policy, allowing for one or two visitors to stay with the patient at all times except for the hours of 6-8 a.m. and 6–8 p.m. For more information about the ICUs at St. Mary's Medical Center, call 304-526-1179.