Dear Prospective Volunteer;
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer at St. Mary’s Medical Center. Our Auxiliary/Volunteer Program is filled with wonderful individuals wanting to be of service and we appreciate your interest in joining our ranks.
We ask that you only proceed with your applications if you agree to all the requirements listed below:
- We ask for a minimum commitment of 4 hours weekly for 1 year. Most positions within the medical center are 4-hour shifts; some may be less or a little longer. Each assignment listed in the application process indicates openings and shifts.
- Adult volunteers are ages 18 years and above. Our VolunTeen program only accepts new teens during the spring of each year. Those applications are separate and only available from Feb. 1 to April 15th. Teen applications submitted through the adult application process will be rejected.
- A TB (PPD) 2 step test is required and is provided by the medical center. This means a TB test is given and in 48-72 hours the applicant must return for the test to be read. One week later a second test is required and then annual TB testing thereafter.
- A basic background check is performed on all volunteers. Be sure to list any violations that may appear on any report.
- The medical center requires and provides Flu vaccines during flu season. Any person refusing the flu vaccine is required to wear a surgical mask while in the medical center and during flu season.
- Once your online application is completed and submitted, someone from Volunteer services will contact you for an interview. The interview will take approximately 30 to 60 minutes. The interview is intended to match your interest and strengths with our department needs. Not all applicants are placed and you will be notified either way.
- Confidentiality forms, photo releases and orientation materials will be completed once placement has been determined.
To apply, proceed by clicking the link below:
Adult Volunteer application
I look forward to meeting you and again appreciate your interest in our program.
Julie A. Neal
Director of Volunteer Services
If you are a Teen you must apply for the VolunTeen application, otherwise please visit the Adult Volunteer application.